MPSC Book List English Medium
Candidates looking for MPSC books for English medium will find here a list of these books which are useful for MPSC preparation.
Online preparation for MPSC is possible as most resources are available online. However, candidates who plan to take the exam in English will have some difficulty as books specific to Maharashtra state are available mostly in Marathi.
List of books for MPSC Prelim
1) State Government text books from 8th standard to 11th standard on Polity, History, Geography, Science, and Civics
2) Manual for Prelims by Tata Mcgrewhill
3) Lokrajya Magazine (English version)
4) Daily newspapers – Loksatta and Indian Express
5) Yojana Magazine
6) Indian Economy – Datta & Sundaram (topics in syllabus)
7) Polity – Laxmikant
8) Pratiyogita Darpan special issue on Economics
9) Past question papers for practice
1) Tata Mcgrewhill Manual for G.S. Prelims (TMH Guide CSAT)
2) Quantitative Aptitude – R.S.Agarwal
3) Objective English – R.S.Agarwal
4) Logical Reasoning – Verbal & Non-verbal – R.S.Agarwal 5) Quantitative Reasoning – R.S.Agarwal
6) Notes of TIMES for MBA CET
7) Person CSAT manual (For practicing questions)
8) CSAT by Bhushan Dhut by Nirali Prakashan
List of books for MPSC Main
General Studies I
History & Geography
1) State government books in English for 9th to 11th Standard for both History and Geography
2) A new look at Modern Indian History – Grower & Grower (S.Chand)
3) Social Reformers of Maharashtra – Y.D. Phadke
4) NCERT XI & XII Books on Geography 5) Environment studies from IGNOU notes
General Studies II
Indian Constitution, Indian Polity and Law
1) Our Constitution – Subhas Kasyap
2) Our Parliament – Subhas Kasyap
3) Bare Act – P.M.Bakshi
4) Indian Polity – Laxmikant
5) Indian Polity – Special Issue on Polity
General Studies III
Human Resource Development and Human Rights
1) Human Resource section from – Indian Economy Dutta & Sundaram
2) Human Rights – Course notes of IGNOU
3) Relevant chapters from India Year Book
General Studies IV
Economy and Science & Technology
1) Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
2) Economic Survey and Budget of the Maharashtra state (available in English)
3) India Year Book (Related Chapters)
4) Yojana Magazine
5) Science & Technology for mains – Spectrum
The best books especially for preparing Maharashtra state-related topics/questions in the MPSC exam are:
|History of Modern Maharashtra||Vidyula Mhaisekar|
|Geography of Maharashtra||Nirali Publication|
|Panchayat Raj||Kishor Lavate|
|Deepstambh Spardha Pariksha Arthashastra 1||Dr. Kiran J Desale|
|MPSC CSAT Simplified||Dhyandeep Publication|
|Fundamental of Agriculture Volume 1||Arun Katyayan (Kushal Publication)|
More links :
Is Marathi compulsory for MPSC exam?
Yes, Marathi language is compulsory for MPSC exam.
Can we give MPSC interview in English?
Yes basically MPSC exams conducted in bothe languages in Marathi as well as in English. But when you will qualify for mains examination then there will be a compulsory paper of Marathi Language which includes a test of Grammar and Comprehension.
Which is the highest post in MPSC?
A few of the important posts for which candidates are recruited through MPSC exam are:
• Deputy Collector (Group A)
• Deputy Superintendent of Police (DySP) (Group A)
What is the date of MPSC 2020?
The Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) has notified that the state service preliminary exam scheduled to be held on March 14 has been postponed due to rising cases of COVID-19.